DONE DEAL: Blues win race to sign Brighton keeper David Stockdale

Blues have agreed a deal to sign Brighton goalkeeper David Stockdale on a free transfer.

According to Sky Sources, Blues have won the race to sign the stopper, although there is no official news from the club…

*UPDATE: BCFC have since broke the news*

The 31-year-old’s contract at Brighton expires this month and he has been unable to agree a new deal with the Premier League new boys.

Several Premier League clubs showed an interest in signing him, but Harry Redknapp has beaten them to him.

Stockdale was hugely influential in Brighton’s successful promotion to the Premier League, keeping 20 clean sheets.

What are your thought’s on the signing? Let us know in the comments below!

4 thoughts on “DONE DEAL: Blues win race to sign Brighton keeper David Stockdale

• June 13, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Well as a first HR signing it was very unexpected. Some more like this please in other positions.

• June 13, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Great move by Redknapp and Stockdale, one of the few places in the top divisions that a Keeper of Dave Stockdale’s class can hope to develop further! Birmingham City have something of a magic touch when it comes to Goal Keepers! KRO!

• June 13, 2017 at 7:51 pm

As a Seagull supporter, I would like to thank DS for his contribution to our promotion winning season. Good luck with Birmingham and hope it all goes well.

• June 15, 2017 at 6:59 am

I’m a new fan. Been trying to find a club to support the past few years but still haven’t found a team that I really latched on to emotionally till now. Earlier this season I thought with certainty that supporting Wolves was the right choice but that was short lived. I suppose in choosing a club to support more often than not one should lead with the heart rather than mind. So here I am a new supporter, emotionally drawn to this club after seeing the amazing scenes of the relegation battle at Bristol. I humbly ask what are other Podcasts, Youtube Channels, Blogs, I can use to follow the club. I’m from Manila so anything to get me closer to the club will help. Cheers!