Blues made an offer for Flint at the beginning of the week, but Redknapp said he won’t pay over the odds.
Now, Bristol’s majority share holder Steve Lansdown has revealed his thoughts on the Blues target.
“The prices for players at the moment are high. So we’d expect a high price if he [Aden Flint] goes,” said Lansdown in an interview for BBC Points West shown late on Friday.
“I’d take £10m,” said Lansdown when asked whether he would accept that amount for the 28-year-old centre back.
The billionaire owner also explained his stance on youngster Joe Bryan, who they’re reluctant to sell to a Championship club.
“For Joe Bryan it would be a bit different. Joe’s a younger player. You know, if Joe was going to go anywhere it would have to be the Premier League.”
This news comes after Blues made a double bid for the defensive duo, believed to be £5million, which Johnson called the ‘derisory’.
The Bristol City boss also revealed the offer has made Flint’s head turn. However, Blues will have to return with a much larger bid if they are to get their man.
Here’s what Redknapp had to say about the offer:
“The club made an offer for two lads, I went to Bristol City and saw them play last week,” Redknapp said.
“You’re entitled to make an offer – someone said somebody is upset or something, I don’t know why.
“We’ve had offers here as well for players.”
What are your thoughts, are Blues right to end their pursuit of the defenders? Comment below!